Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Tisket, A Tasket, A Flower Girl Basket

I know I've mentioned before that my friends, Heather & Tillman are getting married in December. As part of my brilliant plan to keep myself busy, I offered to help out with any wedding crafting that needed to be done. Including a flower girl basket that Heather's daughter will be carrying. 

For the flower girl basket, I started off with a basket from Goodwill, pine cones collected from my parents yard, moss from the craft store, ribbon and my glue gun, Debra. 


I started by gluing clumps of the moss around the edge of the basket. 






When I was finished gluing the the moss, I tied two bows around the base of the handles on either side of the basket. 



After I had the bows tied just how I wanted them, and secured with a little hot glue, I hot glued a couple pine cones to the center of the bow. 



There you have it, a beautiful, easy flower girl basket that fits into the rustic theme of my friend's wedding. 



I'm happy with how it turned out, and more importantly, the bride and flower girl are thrilled with my results as well. 

1 more week until Heather & Tillman's big day...I can't wait! 


I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 



~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Tell Me Tuesday @ Him & Her ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman ~

6 comments:

  1. That is really pretty. I am your newest follower and was kinda maybe sorta hopin' that you'd pop by my blog and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that the witnesses of the wedding were amazed with what you've done. It's really perfect for the rustic theme of the wedding! Anyway, using hot glue in attaching the moss and the pine cones was very amazing! Although, it needs very efficient glue to have them stick to the basket until the wedding day. I hope you can also share what kind of glue you used for this. Good job to you and to your glue gun!

    InstantCA.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting article and very useful informative blog about the flowers basket i save it and will be read again.
    florist supplies

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...