Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Idea + Chalkboard Paint = Awesome Quiet Time Activty

Amazing Boyfriend spends a LOT of time sleeping. 

I don't give him crap about it because it's usually after chemo, but he also takes quite a few medicines that have a side effect of being drowsy/sleepy. He actually gets really frustrated sometimes with this side effect, but I try to reason with him that maybe he sleeps so much because his body needs it to heal. 

Anywho, since we basically live in one very large room, when he naps, I don't have a lot of options for my crafting. I can't use my Silhouette machine or the Viking because they both make too much noise, and I hate waking ABF up, because he's really grouchy when I do.
So if I'm not wasting time online, I'm usually painting...

Lately, I've been doing a LOT of painting. 


Aren't they fun? 
I found this idea on Pinterest here. I just took dollar store foam pumpkins and painted them with chalkboard paint. 

These are what I started out with...


Just add chalkboard paint and this is what you get...






The best part is that because they're painted with chalkboard paint, you can just wipe them off and start over. 


Have you checked out my Monster Mash Bash yet? 




Click on the button to join in the fun!!!







This project was featured!!!





This project is being shared at the following parties: 






























































8 comments:

  1. Wow! I would think "Dollar store pumpkins! I can sit them on my porch!" and then stop there. Your way is WAAAAAAY better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to buy more dollar store pumpkins--and they were sold out! What the?! Glad you were able to make something fun with them though! I love the chalk paint idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute! I feel like running to the Dollar Store right now, in fact!!!

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    Take care,
    Christina
    designingbynumbers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun idea and the kids could change the faces when they want too. FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soo cool I love the look of the black pumpkins and chalk can be hours of fun for my grandchildren in the summer. I just have one question does the paint become brittle like if the foam pumpkin gets squished will it flake off?

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun! Dang, I passed up these pumpkins thinking "enough already"! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I love the kitty face one!
    Thanks again for partying with us girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great! I like the way you've tiered them in your display. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...