Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Coming Soon To A Mailbox Near You!

For the invitations to our handfasting ceremony, I wanted something unique. (Of course!) I went to my friend Christie, scrapbooking/paper crafting extraordinaire, to pick her brain a little and see if she had any ideas/knowledge she could throw my way. 


This is what we came up with!


This is what the outside looks like...



This is what the inside looks like... 


 (Yes, I did smudge out the location details.)

The invitation is a gate card with a burlap and ribbon sleeve. I love how they turned out!

I even got Amazing Boyfriend Fiance in on the action!


I had him cutting and putting together the direction cards I inserted into the invitation before I added the sleeve.

Once I got the cards put together and inserted our direction card, all I had to do was add the sleeve. I used a piece of scotch tape to hold the burlap together.


Did you know that glue dots work on burlap? I experimented and found out for myself that they work! I used glue dots to stick the ribbon to the burlap before I tied the knot.



Oh yeah, before I added the ribbon I sealed the edges using a candle, so they wouldn't fray.


Once I had the ribbon glued on, I tied the ends into a knot before slipping them into my envelopes.


It was a lot of work to get these finished, and of course they're late getting sent out, but they're finally done and on their way out to our guests.

80 more days!!!


I'm sharing this at the following link parties:

~ Make It Great Monday @ Etcetorize ~ What's In The Gunny Sack @ The Gunny Sack ~ Craft & Tell @ Cherished Bliss ~ Talent Tuesday @ Vintage Wanna Bee ~ Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories From A to Z ~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Tell Me Tuesday @ Me & My Boys ~ Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Time To Shine @ A Diamond In The Stuff ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Lil Luna Link Party @ Lil Luna ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely, Lil Pink Pocket & Vintage Gwen ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ Show Me Extraordinary @ The 36th Avenue ~ T.G.I.F. Link Party @ Craft Junkie Too ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Delicately Constructed Fridays @ Delicate Construction ~ Project Party Weekend @ Bubbly Nature Creations ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~ Anything Goes Link Party @ Bacon Time ~ Creative Genius Link Party @ The Creative Paige ~ Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello ~ Free For All @ Young & Crafty ~ Show & Tell Saturday @ Be Different Act Normal ~ Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff ~ Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane Boutique ~ Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid ~ Sunday Show Off Link Party @ Twigg Studios ~ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ~ Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I {Heart} Naptime



5 comments:

  1. They're stinkin' cute!!!! I love the burlap!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got mine Friday - I love them! So original and cute. Great job, Bethany! I hope we get our report date soon and that it gives us enough time to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute that you got your fiance in on the production line. I hoep you have a wonderful ceremony (I've never heard of handfasting before, is it like a marriage ceremony or pre-marriage?) So glad you linked up at Etcetorize this week~

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are AMAZING, I wish I had seen them before our wedding! The burlap is awesome :-) I'd be thrilled if you'd link this up at my current link party: http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/07/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-6/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute love this! Just following from a blog hop and would love if you followed back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...