Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Where Did June Go?

After helping Amazing Boyfriend Fiance get out the door and off on a camping trip with his cousin, I sat down at the computer desk to take advantage of the "good" computer in his absence and happened to glace down at the calendar that sits on the desk top. 

I came to the startling realization that June is almost over!

When did that happen? 

I feel like the month was just starting! I had plans to make my Dad an awesome Father's Day gift (that didn't happen, but I did make him an awesome card), I wanted to do something fun for my nephew's first birthday (I lamed out and bought him a cute outfit that he could wear to our wedding), and plans for tons of wedding projects.

What happened, you might ask? 

Life happened. 

I picked up some extra hours at work, which you wouldn't think would make such a difference but it does. We had a death in the family, which was unexpected and hard on everyone. We found out that ABF's chemo treatments were not going as well as we had hoped and now we're switching to a different treatment plan, which has been a little disheartening. Not to mention a million other little things that pop up, especially when planning a wedding. 
Not that I'm complaining (okay, I'm complaining a little), but I'm sincerely surprised at just how quickly this month has flown by. 

 So hopefully there are people out there still reading this (although I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't, I'm getting kind of lame), and understand that life happens... projects don't get finished on time... pictures don't get taken... and I don't always have something super cool and awesome to share... but I'll try to do better... next month... 

2 comments:

  1. Riiiiiggght? This month has stinkin' flown!!!! But it also feels like it's taken forever to pass. I for one will be ok with a new month--June can go kick rocks. If it hasn't been one thing, it's been another. Maybe it's our name? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these posts just as much and worry when we don't hear from you for so long. I still check in regularly. Glad you might have some "me" time for the next few days.
    Shadow

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...