Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Cure For The Post Christmas Blues

Have you ever noticed how bare everything looks after you take down all the Christmas decor? 
 
I notice it every year, especially at work since there's so much holiday decor, than one day it's all gone and the world seems a little depressing. 
  
 One of my best friends, Brandy Jeanne, has the coolest Dad-io in the world. 

(sorry about the cell phone pic, but it's the only proof we have that he rocked the pink apron)

He's all about the Christmas decor and their house is always decked out to the max, with multiple trees in the house and everything. 

But...
 

... after Christmas is over, and the holiday decorations have been packed up and put away in the attic, he goes through a post Christmas depression. 

 Since he's a big fan of my crafty endeavors, I thought to get him out of his post Christmas funk I'd make him a pretty winter wreath to hang on their front door. 




It's the least I can do since he donates all of his nice wooden cigar boxes to my craft stash. 

Thanks, Ken! 


Update 9/19/12: I've had many, many requests for a tutorial for this wreath, but I hate to let everyone know that I don't have one. I originally made this wreath with the intention of selling it in my Etsy shop, therefore I didn't make a tutorial. I've seen many tutorials for different tulle wreaths online and just adapted this wreath using the same ideas. Sorry for any inconvenience, but the materials aren't currently available to make a tutorial, so I'll have to wait until closer to Christmas when the wreath material is on sale to see if I can make another one for a tutorial.   


I was featured!!!




I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 















Craft & Tell

Home Stories A2Z































”Totally


































Photobucket

















































Laugh, Love, & Craft










Photobucket


shabby creek cottage










The 36th Avenue








Craft Junkie Too Friend








Weekend Bloggy Reading

thecreativepaige.com















Positively Splendid










28 comments:

  1. That's so pretty! I love the twinklyness of the snowflakes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin' cool!!! And you're right... so much Christmas and then nothing. I would love this on my door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I completely forgot to check it out because this week has given new meaning to CRAZZZZYYYYY, but I'm seriously loving this and totally jealous... I want some of those snowflakes! (And I totally want some like that so I can somehow put them on fishing line or something and hang over a door... that was what I wanted to do with my foam ones, but they're way too big and the boyfriend is just too tall and so it would be terrible for him... but I really want to do that to a door way for a party or something and thought I'd share this thought with you because you appreciate my randomness, haha!) Seriously, I LOVE this!

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is gorgeous! I made a snowflake this week too (I haven't posted it yet) but I LOVE the tulle you use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes!! This is THE prettiest snowflake wreath I've ever seen! I've been wanting to make one with tulle, but it wasn't gonna look anything like this!

    PS...your friend's daddy is such a cutie in his pink apron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cute and I hope you will link it up to my Show It Off Thursdays party at:

    http://ornamentplace.com/?p=1752

    Thanks! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank so much for linking to Totally Tutorial Tuesdays. You were featured today.http://measuredbytheheart.com/2012/01/fun-feature-friday-127.htm

    ReplyDelete
  8. So totally awesome! I go through a couple days of being down after all of the Christmas stuff is put away. My son does too and even begged us to leave it up until after he went back to college so our Christmas stuff didn't come down until last week! LOVE your wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found this on Pinterest.. any chance you could share a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. Do u have a tutorial for it? WOuld really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey - great minds think alike. I just saw that my cousin pinned this on Pinterest and thought - hey, I've seen that before...except it wasn't mine. It looks like we were working on similar projects at the same time last winter! http://lettiebee.blogspot.com/2012/01/update-on-wreath.html
    I like the width and sparkle of yours better, but was really just generally amazed at how similar they are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!! Is there anyway we could get a tutorial?? Or could you email me a tutorial? megancolette@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see others have asked for the winter wreath tutorial. Is it possible to have tutorial. Love your blog & projects!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the wreath. Can I get a copy of theTutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  15. great job, love the colors u did it in. makes me wish i had white tulle right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this wreath, please post the tutorial on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I featured this one on a friend's Facebook page! Lots of people are asking for a DIY! Do you have one? We'd love to feature it! We plan on linking up more of your DIYs in the future!

    www.facebook.com/esfabrics

    ReplyDelete
  18. I must say, I am Jealous!! This is so fancy in a simplistic way, but gosh darn! ! I just had to go get some supplies after seeing this beauty on Pintrest... Mind if I {Gently Borrow} this Posting of yours, after I post my version of the tutorial? I plan to do a fall~ish one, since the first day of FALL is tomorrow...!!! Come see me @ Volpe Life! ~Ami

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot find the tutorial on any of the sites you've provided. Where is it on each site? I would really like to have them. Can you please send them (if I get a response, I'll give out my info) or please put them on your site or tell me where to go & how to find the directions. Thanks so much.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! But how did you make it? Directions PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would just like to know what you used for the ring, was it pipe insulation or foam ring. I can tell it cant be a wire ring....it is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now that it's getting closer to Christmas I hope you're able to find the supplies for the tutorial. If your taking name selections for your gorgeous wreath I'd like to suggest Snow Fairy. Reminds me of the Nutcracker costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stopping by to let you know I featured this project on this round-up
    http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/12/50-beautiful-christmas-wreath-ideas-and-insperation-collection.html :)

    Feel free to grab a featured button from my side bar.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How much would you charge to sell one of these if you can find more stuff to do so? Im majorly interested since I collect snowflake stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Could you please tell me what the snowflakes are? Material? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...