Friday, December 30, 2011

Dear 2011,

   Dear 2011, 

I just wanted to wish you a a very fond farewell. You definitely have not been very good to me, 2011, but I do feel like you have taught me so many important lessons so at least I know that you haven't completely been a waste of my time. 

This year you have brought cancer to the one I hold the most dear, dreams of a life faded and re-imagined, and the sacrifice of a life that I used to have and will never have again.
 
This year you have also brought me closer to family that I can count on, a brand new nephew and niece, new friendships and the strengthening of others that I hold dear, and the time with Amazing Boyfriend to make memories that I will hold on to for the rest of my life. 

I'm glad, 2011, that I am moving forward and leaving you behind. I sincerely hope that 2012 won't be as big of a jerk to me as you have been. 

Love, Bethany


2 comments:

  1. We are always stronger and 2012 will see you rocking to go! I know you will do amazing things in the next year and look forward to seeing them. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...