Thursday, December 22, 2011

Where's The Remote?

Seriously, how many times have you heard that question? 

This was always the dreaded question at my parents' house, because somebody always walked off with the remote. And there would be hell to pay if you were that somebody! 

I saw this idea forever ago, before I started blogging, and I feel bad because I honestly can't remember where I saw it, but the idea was pretty simple and after I started sewing, I remembered it and thought, 'That would make a great gift for my Dad!' 


Behold, the remote pillow!!!

(I know, I'm a genius...just kidding) 


I put "Grandpa's Chair" on the pillow because my Dad currently has as many grandkids as he does kids (that and this way I can tease him about being an old man. Just kidding!) 


I know it's not quite Christmas just yet, so I probably shouldn't be posting this, but since my Dad doesn't really use the computer, I feel pretty safe in sharing this with everyone. I hope he likes it, especially if it really does help keep track of the remotes. 






I've been featured!!!



Featured At Serenity Now







I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 











Photobucket

Home Stories A2Z














Laugh, Love, & Craft











shabby creek cottage

The 36th Avenue








Photobucket






Craft Junkie Too Friend








Weekend Bloggy Reading

thecreativepaige.com















Positively Splendid








14 comments:

  1. Coming from someone who loses the remotes on a daily basis (even without watching tv, i seem to "lose" it!) - this is GENIUS!

    One teeny tiny flaw... things fall out of pockets. The remote should have a string attaching it to the pillow! hehehe :P

    Hope you guys had a wonderful christmas and here's to a happy new years!!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and funny! Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an amazing idea! We are always losing the remote in our house! I think I just need to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is too cute! I love it : )

    I hope you will consider stopping by to share at my party!

    http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2012/01/craft-tell-no-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so useful and so needed at my house.
    Nobody watches TV until the hubs gets home, but the remote is never where he left it - according to him anyway.
    This is an amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous idea--and it's so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!!! My dad is the same way about his remote...LOL!!! I think he needs one of these!!! I have a project party every weekend if you want to join here.. http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2012/01/vanilla-bean-iced-coffee-and-project.html
    Have a great day!
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea!! Stopping by from Craft Junkie Too TGIF Linky party. I am your newest follower on your blog and Pinterest.
    Here is what I shared this week: http://craftybrooklynarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-amp-cover.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant idea! We just got a new TV for Christmas, and I definitely need one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GREAT idea!!! We totally need one of these- I love it!

    robyn @ penpalsandpicturebooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bethany, thanks so much for linking up last week. This is such a great project that I'm featuring you this week! Come on by and grab a button from the sidebar and don't forget to join the party again tonight~

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope to see you back next Saturday with more great ideas! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...