Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Almost Famous Valentines...

This year I haven't really been that into Valentine's day, so I've been kind of unmotivated to do any Valentine crafts. 

I did want to make a Valentine pillow cover for my seasonal pillow, and was inspired by this print that I found via Pinterest (LOVE Pinterest!) 


via Pinterest


I fell in love with the idea of this print, but some of the couple names that were on it I wasn't the biggest fan of. So I removed the ones I didn't like, added a few others that I loved as well as my and ABF's name and stenciled the design onto a piece of fabric to sew into a pillow. 





CRAFT FAIL! 


I procrastinated, and of course, because I waited until the last minute everything went wrong. I wanted all the other famous couples names to be in red with my and ABF's names in white. I used metallic paint mixed with fabric paint medium, but the red that I used turned out to be more pink than red and really faint. Not to mention the stencil bled. 

UGH!!! 

I still love this idea and I'm wanting to give it another try, however, it's not going to be done by Valentine's Day. 

On a happier note, Amazing Boyfriend and I actually have fun plans for Valentine's Day. We're driving up to Portland, having a nice dinner and going to a Portland Trailblazer basketball game! I think I'm more excited about going to the game than ABF is, but I'm still excited because we haven't been to a Blazer game together in a few years, and win or lose, games are so much fun (although they tend to me more fun if they're winning!) 


Happy Valentine's Day!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...