Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Feeling... Beachy?

Can you believe that July is almost over? 
 
The past couple weeks have been so crazy! Independence Day celebrations, one of my best friend's birthdays, a good friend's wedding, my family reunion and my oldest niece, Ronnica, got married, throw in a couple of chemotherapy treatments and other appointments that I had to drive Amazing Boyfriend to (oh, I can't forget about work) and it's no wonder that I'm a little tired. And a little behind...
 
Sadly, my beautiful patriotic ribbon wreath has finally been taking down.  

Luckily, I've created a new wreath to take it's place...

Anyone else feeling beachy? 

Lately, I've really been missing the beach. Once upon a time, when Amazing Boyfriend was in the Coast Guard, he and I lived on the coast. I loved everything about living there, the beach being so close, the small town, the simplicity of life. Don't get me wrong, life wasn't perfect there, but ever since we've moved inland I've missed living so close to the ocean.


I think that's where the inspiration came from to incorporate some shells into my wreath for a coastal feel.








I think this wreath might be inspiring a beach trip soon...


This project was featured: 








I'm sharing this project at the following link parties:










































26 comments:

  1. I am in LOVE! This wreath is gorgeous! I am SO making this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!
    I just love anything beachy!
    I am getting ready to repaint my room to beach colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wreath is wonderful! I love the burlap and shells. I'm like you , I love the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is Taylor from the Hannah Handmade team. I am your newest follower. Ok your stuff is just super awesome and I love all of it!!! Come follow us back? :)

    www.hannahhandmade.blogspot.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hannah-Handmade/200408909971427?ref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely adorable...and dare I say, I think it's my favorite (and I love the patriotic one). You know how I am with the beach...I wanna make one. Where's the "Wanna see how I did it?" portion? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous!!! I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the ruffle behind this- so cute! If I were you I'd leave this up until October just to squeeze every last drop out of summer! Great project and your blog is adorable! Hope you have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely and beachy with the burlap and blue !

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color matching is just at the right place..good work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like this! I'll be making some for Christmas! Thank you for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the ruffly back piece. I have never seen that before...it adds a lot! I love burlap...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the burlap and blue together. Please stop by www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wreath looks really pretty. Love those shells on it.

    -Tanya
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, desperately missing the beach right now! This wreath is too cute!

    I featured your B&W Mr and Mrs pillows at my Social Saturdays link party! Thanks for sharing

    Glad my message could brighten your day...your response surely made mine better :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it, it's so perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute!! I love everything beachy lately!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! The shells really pop off the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bethany this is so stinkin' cute! I love it. Thanks so much for sharing at this week's BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it :) thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely adorable, thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this wreath! Perfect for summer and it looks great against the white door! We are feelin beachy.... too bad we're in AZ! :( lol

    Thanks SO much for linking up @ Whatcha Got Weekend! Happy Saturday!
    ♥Lolly Jane

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is so cute, now i need to add to my to do list

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is really cute. I especially love the colors. I would love it if you would stop by and link up this post with the craft party I have recently started at Lines Across My Face.
    :) Rachel
    http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/2011/07/craft-link-party-2-cure-for-common.html

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...