Thursday, June 2, 2011

Amazing What You Can Do With Clothespins and a Glue Gun...

I have slowly been trying to come up with clever decor to hang on the wall of my and Amazing Boyfriend's bedroom/living space. ABF is always appreciative of decor that is unique and a little different and he hates blank walls as much as I do.  

I was trying to come up with something clever to hang on the wall right above where we have out laundry sorting bins and couldn't think of anything until I saw this post by Jessica at Hill Country Homebody of her clothespin mirror. It was so cute, how could I not make it.
 
Although, I did mix it up a bit. (Of course I did, otherwise I wouldn't be me.) 

Here's my version of a clothespin mirror...


I used dollpins because I loved the rounded look. I originally spray painted it with Krylon's Ivy Leaf but I didn't like the way that it looked when it was finished. I was torn as to what color I wanted to use, but ended up using Krylon's Watermelon. It turned out so fun! I know Amazing Boyfriend wasn't thrilled about my color choice but I was finished with it and had it hung up before he could voice his opinion. (Hey, I would have asked his opinion but he just happened to be camping the night I decided that my original color choice wasn't right.)


This mirror was featured on:



I'm sharing this post at the following link parties:





















21 comments:

  1. hiya , i love your pin mirror it is a gorgeous colour and his tough luck he was camping ...lol
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color! Give a pop of color that all rooms need

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouh.. This turned out super cute!! Oh shucks about ABF not having a voice in the matter (Yes,that was completely sarcastic, lol). If he chose to go camping without you, he chose to have something like this potentially happen. He should know better. :)

    blogger is being stupid and not letting me comment as myself automatically :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping by my blog...I love this mirror it would be a great addition to my daughters room..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute! I love the dollpins with their rounded ends and the color is adorable! Men just don't understand the beauty of pinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! I LOVE the color choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sweet comment on my door!! I really wanted to make a mirror like yours for my laundry room but do not have space for it. LOOOOVE the red!!
    Susan
    http://lifeondovehollow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, now this is too cute! I love it! So creative, I think that would look perfect in my laundry room, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your clothes pin Mirror. Too cool. Must bookmark right now. Oh and I am your newest follower. With love from The Victorian Rabbit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cool! I agree with putting one in the laundry room, would be too cute!

    Megan
    mommyminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is awesome! I love the color and the whole look of it! I found your blog through a link party and i LOVE it! I love making new blog friends! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is way too cute!! So glad I followed you here from the Crafty Soiree #40! I'm also linking up if you'd like to drop by!
    Hugs, antonella :-)
    http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/06/filigree-friday-free-graduation.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your clothes pin mirror!! How creative and I love the maroon color.

    And love that you shared your creation with our readers this week too.

    Thanks for linking up at Nothing But Country Creative Creations Tuesday. You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - I featured you yesterday!! - - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jessica@www.hillcountryhomebody.blogspot.comJune 09, 2011 7:39 AM

    Hi there!
    Glad you were inspired by my laundry room sunburst! It is fun to see another persons take on it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have seen a few circular mirrors this one is my favortie.

    Would love to see you link up at my new party that will run through Sunday!

    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/party-mindie-style-link-up-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. That red really pops! I love that you used doll pins!

    ~MayLee Joe, maidendshade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the color! whats wrong with a great strong color? look wonderful
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  19. this looks so awesome! such a good idea with the clothes pins!

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this idea!! So cute! Thanks for the inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...