Sunday, October 14, 2012

It All Started With A Picture...

If you missed this post here then this blog post won't make a whole lot of sense. 



The night that my Matthew passed away, I gathered in the garage of my parents house with a few of my siblings and close friends. We poured a shot in Matthew's honor and toasted him a time or two. 

One of his good friends Brad and I were talking, and he said he thought things were not right when people started posting pictures, before another good friend called to tell him the news.

I had no idea what he was talking about.

Apparently on Facebook, some of Matthew's oldest friends started posting and sharing pictures of him on Facebook. It started with one, then another, then another... 

When I got home in the early hours of the morning I got on Facebook and saw a beautiful thing. Pictures of Matthew that I'd never seen before. Pictures of him when he was young, happy and cancer free. So I posted a status saying that I was loving all the pictures being posted and that I would love it if anyone had a picture to share if they would post it and tag me. 

I wasn't exactly prepared for what happened next. 

courtesy of Tillman Bennett

courtesy of Tillman Bennett

courtesy of Tillman Bennett
  
courtesy of Derek Gerwig

courtesy of Derek Gerwig

courtesy of Terra Prange

 courtesy of Terra Prange

courtesy of Tillman Bennett

courtesy of Tillman Bennett

courtesy of Seana Kansier

courtesy of Seana Kansier

courtesy of Seana Kansier

 courtesy of Seana Kansier
courtesy of Brandy Jeanne

courtesy of Brandy Jeanne
 courtesy of Brad Beverly

courtesy of Kim Fraizer

courtesy of Christine Breckenridge

courtesy of Christine Breckenridge

courtesy of Christine Breckenridge

courtesy of Christine Breckenridge

courtesy of Melissa Garner

courtesy of Melissa Garner

courtesy of Melissa Garner

courtesy of Melissa Garner

courtesy of Melissa Garner

courtesy of Tillman Bennett

courtesy of Tony Carillo

courtesy of Cheri Kincaid

courtesy of Rosemary Pohlenz

courtesy of Rosemary Pohlenz

courtesy of Traci Cook

Everyone started sharing pictures! 

It was wonderful to see the captions that people posted with them, and the comments. It's so evident how much he was loved and how much he will be missed. Every picture that was posted felt like a hug from the person that posted it and it made my heart smile.

I'd like to thank everyone that reads this blog for all of their support. It means so much to me that my family and I are in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely to see some more photos as all I know of Matthew is what I've read on your blog. You're still in my prayers xx

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...