Wednesday, November 7, 2012

One Month Ago

One month ago today I said good bye to my best friend. I let go of the hope of a cure for his horrible disease, and walked into the realization that my life would never be the same. 

It's crazy to think of what has happened in the last month. 

To be honest, it doesn't feel like a month. It feels like a year. So much has happened in the past month, and I've kept myself so busy. 

source

I went back to work, which was a surprisingly wonderful distraction. I work in retail, and to a lot of customers I am just the nice lady who brings them out shoes. They don't know that I'm a widow, that I'm dealing with a great loss or that there is a reason why I might seem a little sad or distracted. When I am at work, I know how to act like a professional. 

I threw myself into helping others. Two of my good friends are getting married next month (yikes!) and being that I have some crafty skills, not to mention just planned a wedding recently, I offered to help them out. It's been a nice distraction, not to mention a fun way to spend time with two of my favorite people. 


  And lastly, I've been traveling! While Matthew was sick, I worked a very part time schedule, but starting the first week of November, I'll be getting more hours. But at the end of October, I had some long stretches in between days that I was scheduled so I tried to take advantage before the holidays and crazy Christmas schedules start. I already posted here about my spontaneous Seattle adventure, but I was only home again for two full days before I left again. 

Best Road Trip Companion Ever!!!

Luna and I drove up to Neah Bay, WA to visit my Coast Guard friends that are stationed there for Halloween, which spending Halloween with them used to be a tradition for me. The day I drove up, a storm came through so it was quite the wild ride, especially since I had never made it before. I was so relieved when we finally made it to their house. It rained the entire time I was there! I didn't mind the rain at all. It meant that we stayed in for the most part, watching movies, eating homemade chex mix and talking.

Two days later when I left, I took a different route then the one I took to get there and was rewarded with good weather, and lots of picture taking opportunities, as we headed east toward the ferry that would take Luna and I to Seattle. 

I'd love to live in a house like that!

Those mountains peeking out through the clouds is Canada

a beautiful fall pond

driving along WA-113

Lake Crescent, Olympic National Forest, Washington

Luna and I stayed with Dan in Seattle a few nights before driving home. Unlike my last trip to Seattle, this trip was a little more low key. Dan and I took Luna to a few different parks and let her get her energy out. 

Discovery Park, Seattle, WA

Discovery Park, Seattle, WA

Discovery Park, Seattle, WA

And, as promised, I took Dan lamp shopping. 

...which resulted in a hilarious picture!
 
Now I'm back home, and back to work. I'm trying to get things organized from the chaos of the last two months, and I'm even starting to craft again! It's so crazy to think that it's only been a month when it feels like it's been so much longer then that. 

I am so lucky to have family and friends that have shown me so much love and support over the past month. They have put up with me, listened to me, let me be or give me hugs, made me laugh or let me cry, fed me, and let me know that I'm always welcome to crash on their couch/spare bed. It's a bit humbling to know how many people care. 

One month down, the rest of my life to go!




2 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't believe it's been a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh girl. I just-- I don't even know how to begin. I am so, so sorry. I can't even imagine what you've been through. I can't believe how strong you are. I can't believe how heartbreaking it was to get your email today. I love you! I wish I were there to offer a shoulder to cry on.

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...