Saturday, November 3, 2012

No Soliciting!

I know I haven't posted anything creative in awhile, but I'm still kind of working on getting my mojo back. In the meantime, I realized that I had never posted this project. 

My family has a tendency to ask my to use my crafty skills when they want something made, but I very rarely do I have any of my brothers ask me to make something for them. My brother David, saw a funny no soliciting sign when his girlfriend was cruising Pinterest one day and called me right away to ask me to make one for their house.

Seriously, how could I say no? 


 What do you think? 


I started with a blank wooden sign piece and painted it white.



I applied a decal over the white paint to spell out the letters for the sign, then painted over the stickers. Before the paint was fully dry, I peeled the letters off. I did have to fix a few places where the paint bled, but the finished result was pretty good. 


 I drilled hole through the top and pulled ribbon through to make a hanger for the sign. 



My brother loved the sign and it now hangs proudly next to his doorbell! 

What do you guys think? 
Rude? 
Hilarious? 
Would proudly hang one next to your front door? 
 
I'm curious to hear your opinion. 


I was featured!



I'm sharing this project at the following link parties:

~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Love It & Link It Up @ The Little Giggler ~ Talent Tuesday @ Vintage Wanna Bee ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man Crafty Woman ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Weekend Bloggy Link Up @ Serenity Now ~ Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff ~ Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello


 


2 comments:

  1. I love it! It suits my smart aleck nature. I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Thank you for linking up at The Little Giggler. You're being featured today. :)
    http://www.thelittlegiggler.com/2012/11/party-features.html

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...