Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cheers To The Bride & Groom

I know I've mentioned a couple times in past posts that I'm helping with the wedding of two of my good friends, Heather & Tillman. They are having a small, simple, winter wedding. 

As a nice little something extra, I decided to make bride and groom toasting glasses for their special day. 

What do you think? 

I started off with two plain champagne glasses, glass etching cream and stencils I made out of vinyl using my awesome Silhouette machine. 


I carefully applied the stencil to the glasses. My idea was to do the Mr. and Mrs. designs in relief, so I made sure the stencil was exactly where I wanted it. 



 Once I had the stencils exactly where I wanted them, it was time to apply the etching cream. I personally use gloves every time I use etching cream, just to make sure I'm protecting my hands.




 The directions say that you should leave the etching cream on for about five minutes before washing it off. I usually wait about 20 - 30 minutes before washing the cream off, just to make sure the cream has had time to do its thing. When you're rinsing the glasses make sure you rinse it really well to get all the cream off. 



Once the etching cream is washed off, all that's left is to peel off the stencil and admire your design. 




I added some ribbon to tie the glasses in with the rest of the wedding decor. 



I'm very pleased with how they turned out, and I think it's the perfect idea for a winter themed wedding! The bride loved them, and that's what is really important. 


Cheers to Tillman & Heather! 

I wish you all the happiness in the world.

 


I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 

~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories From A to Z ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Lil Luna Link Party @ Lil Luna ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Wildly Original Link Party @ I Gotta Create! ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Anything Goes Link Party @ Bacon Time ~ Delicately Constructed @ Delicate Construction ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~


6 comments:

  1. I LOVE that! My glass etching projects never look so pretty and perfect and classy... I'm jealous! But I'm so glad you're staying busy and doing well (or as well as you can be expected to be doing). And I haven't forgotten about your care package - I was hoping to find some cool stuff and it's not really working that well, but I'm just going to send it soon. Know that I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your family, all the way from Maryland! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the etching look- you make it look so easy!! stopping by from sugar bee crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great tip. Thanks for sharing!

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's twitter, FB, and Pinterest. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift Bethany ! They are beautiful.

    Thank you for partying with the Wildly Original Crowd. <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Great post. I found you through the blog hop. Now following you.Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance.
    Be sure and check out my new Blog Hop that we just started, It's Weekly Goals Link Up. It's a great way to stay on track. Have a great day. :) Here's the link in case you want to check it out. Thanks again.http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup-html

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...