Friday, December 14, 2012

Manly Gift For A Manly Man

Crafting for guys is hard

I usually do okay. My brothers have received things in the past from me like etched drinking glasses, redneck wine glasses, alcohol bottle lamps and other guy type crafts. 

Awhile back I found this idea on Pinterest and thought it would be PERFECT for my brother Jonathan, whose birthday is today! 


A Man Bouquet!!!

The Pinterest idea had cigars also, but since my brother doesn't smoke, I opted to use only alcohol for this project. So off to the liquor store I went to gather my supplies...



I used little bottles of alcohol, thin dowels, foam, a mason jar (or you could use a cup or pail), and a hot glue gun and hot glue sticks.



 I started off by using hot glue to glue the dowels to the little alcohol bottles. I made sure to use LOTS of glue because I wanted the dowels to stick really well.





 While the glue was drying, I got my jar ready. You really could use any kind of container. I thought I had a glass mug, but it turns out I didn't, so I reused one of the mason jars left over from my wedding as a container for the bouquet. I stuffed floral foam into the jar, then a filler to cover up the foam around it. 




Once I had my jar prepped and the glue was dry on my alcohol sticks, it was time to arrange the bouquet. I did cut down a few of the dowels that went in the front but that was so the lengths could be different. Just be careful while poking the dowels in if they don't already have a pre-sharpened end, because if you press too hard they could break.



 You really can arrange it any way you choose! Once you've gotten all your dowels poked in then you're done.


This really is such a neat guy gift. It would be perfect for a 21st birthday! The best part is that it can be customized for whatever kind of alcohol the recipient prefers. 

What kind of guy gifts do you give? 




I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 

~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories From A to Z ~ Man Up Link Up @ So I Married A Craft Blogger ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Lil Luna Link Party @ Lil Luna ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Wildly Original Link Party @ I Gotta Create! ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Anything Goes Link Party @ Bacon Time ~ Delicately Constructed @ Delicate Construction ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~

9 comments:

  1. Best sentence ever: "Off to the liquor store I went to gather my supplies" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! any guy would love this gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you recommend attaching if the bottles are plastic? I'm afraid the plastic will melt with the hot glue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do you recommend attaching if the bottles are plastic? I'm afraid the plastic will melt with the hot glue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you balance it so that the jar does not fall over?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself.. Alcohol Rehab Toronto

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...