Monday, March 18, 2013

Bethanyism #11

Happy Monday!!!

To celebrate, I have another Bethanyism to share with the world. 

For those new readers, you can read this post for the explanation on what a Bethanyism is. I post a new one every Monday with the hope that they will inspire, make you think or spark some creativity, either in myself or others.

"It's impossible," said pride. "It's risky," said experience. "It's pointless," said reason. "Give it a try," said the heart.

The quote for this week has been both a blessing and a challenge for me. I have been having some big dreams lately - some big, scary, life-changing goals that I'm setting for myself. With all the changes in my life lately, with losing Matthew and all the emotional/mental tolls that it has taken on me, it does seem risky to want to move far away from my strong support system. To challenge myself with going back to school. To moving to a big city where I know just a few people. 

But if you know anything about me, I have a tendency, a very strong tendency, to follow my heart. And my heart is telling me to give it a try. 

Have you ever taken a big risk? 

Did it work out? 

Was it a mistake? 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Bethany, I have had a good experience with listening to heart. It always leads you to a win-win situation.

    When I got married, I decided to quit my job and move to a new city to be with my husband. It was a tough call especially because of the market condition. With only one year of work experience, I knew finding a new job, atleast as good as the previous one would not be easy. To top it, my husband got an offer to go to a different country. Which meant, I could not work. I decided to take a chance and lived very gorgeous two years of marriage. Now that we are back to our home country, I have a decent job, happy family and beautiful memories :)

    Go by what your heart says and stay positive. I am sure you'll be fine :) And you always have friends around here.

    Take care,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...