Have I mentioned recently that today (March 15th) is my birthday?
And not just any birthday, but the big 3-0!
I keep having people ask me if I'm freaking out yet. Freaking out? Why would I freak out?
Haven't you seen what my past year has been like?
For those of you who are new readers, here's the highlights (or lowlights):
- I got engaged after waiting for 10+ years for him to ask
- I planned a DIY wedding for 200 people in 6 months
- September 8th, I got married to my best friend 15 years from the day we met
- My husband and I got to have an amazing 10 day honeymoon at Yosemite National Park
- October 7th, my husband passed away from complications of pancreatic cancer
- Since losing my husband I have visited : Seattle, WA (4 times), Neah Bay, WA, Eugene, OR & the beautiful Oregon Coast
So here's what I have to say about turning 30.
BRING IT ON!!!
Getting older doesn't hurt. It doesn't change anything. It's just a number. I'm still me. I still am living my life, picking up the pieces and putting myself back together. I'm learning new things about myself ALL THE TIME!
Getting older has never really scared me (yeah, we're not talking about the two week freak out before I turned 25), but the way I see it, if you live your life how you want to live it and appreciate every moment you have on this earth, both the good and the bad, then you will have lived a full life.
That, my friends, if my goal in life.
To live it.