Friday, August 19, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons...

This girl makes a wreath with them!!! 
 

One Saturday morning at coffee at my parents' house, my brother's girlfriend, Tiffany brought a really funny coffee mug with her coffee in it. 
 
"when life hands you lemons, stuff them in your bra!"
 
 Of course, her coffee mug cracked me up. That same morning Tiffany was making a comment about how much she liked my beachy burlap wreath and mentioned, "I have a front door too, ya know." Oh yes, Tiffany, I do know!!!
 
Knowing how much Tiffany would like it if I made a wreath for her, I tried brainstorming some ideas and was having a hard time coming up with something that would be perfect. So I started visiting some of the link parties, hoping to have an inspiration. 
 
That's when I found this: 
 
source via pinterest

I wanted to make Tiffany a lemon wreath!! 

Wanna see how I did it? 




Supplies:
wreath form
fake lemons
fake leaves
green ribbon or tape
ribbon (for hanger) 
hot glue & glue gun
other accents (optional) 
spray paint (optional)
scissors  


Start by wrapping your wreath form. If you're using tape (like I did) wrap the tape around the form to cover. If you're using ribbon, glue the ribbon to secure it while wrapping it around the wreath form. 





Next, I started gluing my lemons on my wreath. I just put them on at different angles where I figured they would look the best. 




When I finished gluing my lemons, I started gluing my leaves and berry looking accents. The berries were actually green, but I spray painted them pink to give the wreath a little more color. I pretty much filed in the spaces between my lemons with my leaves, then added the berries in some of the more open spaces. 
 





Before I finished putting all my leaves and accents on my wreath, I glued a piece of ribbon around my wreath form where I decided the top of my wreath was going to be. Then I knotted the ribbon and made a bow. I clipped the extra ribbon and heated the edges with a lighter so they wouldn't fray. Such an easy way to hang a wreath!





Once you have a way to hang your wreath, and you're finished gluing your leaves and other accents in between your lemons, you're done! 





Now all you have to do is hang it up and marvel at your beautiful creation! 




I know Tiffany can't stuff these lemons in her bra, but I'm sure she'll love them anyway!



This project was featured:









I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 















Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design






































20 comments:

  1. This is really adorable! Love the lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So refreshing! She will love it, and I like your zebra glue gun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a very cheerful wreath! It makes me smile just looking at it! You are one creative gal! I love your creativity! You must link this up to my party--

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) love love love thissss

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super-cute! I'm loving the little presents you've been putting together for people recently... you're like a little fairy delivering awesome crafty presents! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww what a neat present for a friend.
    I will be honored if you will share it with our readers in our linking party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/11-million-visitors-with-new-london-eye.html
    Thank you,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! I love lemons and wreaths, so why not combine the 2?! I'm your newest follower. Come follow me back at www.alivedinhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. way cute!!! thanks for the tutorial!:) and thanks for sharing at Tell me Tuesday! :) you rock!!!
    xoxo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love it! :)thanks for the tutorial and for sharing!
    I found your blog from share the wealth!
    I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I love lemons as a home decor element. They are so fresh and, well, lemony!

    Thanks for the step-by-step!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute. I want lemons on my front door! Lemons kinda symbolize clean and fresh to me. Wonderful impression for people to see when they enter a house. Good job! I started a link party at my blog and I'd love for you to link this up. I also have an awesome digital scrapbooking giveaway going on. If you're interested it's http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out so great! I never thought about wrapping the wreath form in tape but that is an excellent idea ( and you can save your ribbon for where it will be seen) . Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha... that quote is hilarious! Bet she loved the wreath! Great tutorial :)

    Thanks for linkin up w/ us @ Whatcha Got Weekend!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Thanks for linking up to Vanilla Bean this weekend!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for linking with us at Show & Share!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty!
    We both worked with lemons this week!


    ~ Meredith From A Mother Seeking



    A Mother Seeking...






    This week, "When Life Hands You Lemons..."

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is darling!! I love lemons and yellow . . . and I was cracking up at the quote on the mug!! I could totally use that! :) Ha ha! Thank you for sharing this at our Strut Your Stuff Link Party! We hope that you will join us again tomorrow!!
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Bethany!

    I featured your wreath at the party! I hope you will stop by and link up and enter my recent giveaway!

    Jamie
    day-and-age-design.com

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...