Friday, February 8, 2013

Our Song


I found the cutest idea here on Pinterest forever ago where you take a photo mat and write out the lyrics to your wedding first dance song, then frame one of your first dance pictures with it. 

I loved the idea and since I have been told on several occasions that I have pretty good handwriting, I decided to make one for my favorite wedding photos. 


Adorable, right?

Wanna see how I did it?



Supplies: 
white picture mat
pencil
pen ( I used a fine point sharpie) 
ruler/straight edge

 I started off by measuring across the sides of the photo mat. I made light pencil marks at every half inch mark on both sides of the photo mat. 


*note: photo was edited to show marks better

 Once I had my measured marks on both sides of my photo mat, I used a straight edge to connect the lines lightly with a pencil across the mat.



Once the pencil lines are in place, it's time to start adding the lyrics. Our wedding song was Stand By Me by Ben E. King. 



 Found out that all the lyrics to our wedding song only took up half the mat, so I just started over from the beginning. 



When I had finished writing out all the lyrics, I went back and erased all the pencil lines. 



I also added our names and wedding date to the bottom, although once I framed the picture I realized that you couldn't even see it. 




Five months later, I finally have this project finished and hanging on the wall with a few other things from our wedding. 



Just in time for Valentine's Day. 

What a nice little Valentine's gift to myself! 

 (And I know Matthew would have loved it too!) 



I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 

~ What's In The Gunny Sack @ The Gunny Sack ~ Tutorials & Tips @ Home Stories From A to ZTake-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Time To Shine @ A Diamond In The Stuff ~ Tell Me Tuesday @ Him & Her ~ Show Me Whatcha Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Hoo's Got Talent @ Night Owl Crafting ~ Lil Luna Linky Party @ Lil Luna ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Wildly Original Link Party @ I Gotta Create ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ Link Party @ The 36th Ave ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Delicately Constructed @ Delicate Construction ~ Anything Goes Linky @ Bacon Time ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~ Free for All @ Young & CraftyWeekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello ~ Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff Show & Tell Saturday @ Be Different Act Normal ~ Think Pink Sunday @ Flamingo Toes ~ Sunday Show Off Link Party @ Twigg Studios ~ Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I Heart Nap Time ~


Thank you for featuring me!!!

Lil’ Mrs. Tori

Photobucket






9 comments:

  1. WOULD have loved it? My dear, he DOES love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea...love that song too! Where did you get the tree with heart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful project Bethany! So sorry to read about Matthew! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful and I know Matthew would too. New follower. Rhonda @ The Messy Roost

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea, and repeating the song to take up the space was the right way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! I have a wedding photo of us with this huge ugly white matt on it, can't wait to write our song on it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to invite you to link up to Show and Tell Saturday at Sassy Little Lady!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-4-plus-a-giveaway

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love this idea. Very sweet :) Thanks for stopping by.

    Lina

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...