Monday, April 30, 2012

What To Do When Scrap Happens

I've never really been all the into scrapbooking or card making, but somehow I end up with tons of paper scraps left over from decoupage projects. I hate to just throw all that pretty paper away! 


I was going through my library of silhouette shapes the other day and realized that I had a downloaded a free shape that was a template to make bows for gift wrapping... which made me think of my growing pile of paper scraps...






So cute, right? 




I cut out the pieces with my Silhouette machine, than mixed and matched the patterns. I used a brad to secure the pieces together. 

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing to use these for, but I think they would make a great little addition to any gifts that I need to wrap. 

Has anyone else been working on any stash-busting projects lately? 

I was featured!!!


I'm sharing this project with the following link parties: 

~ The Cure For The Common Mondays @ Lines Across My Face ~ Make It Great Monday @ Etcetorize ~ What's In The Gunny Sack @ The Gunny Sack ~ Craft and Tell @ Cherished Bliss ~ Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories From A to Z ~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Time To Shine @ A Diamond In The Stuff ~ Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Tip Toe Thru Tuesday @ Tiaras & Bowties and CrayonFreckles ~ Love It And Link It Up @ The Little Giggler ~ Talent Tuesday @ Vintage Wanna Bee ~ Spicy Link Up @ It's Just Called Spicy ~ Lil' Luna Link Party @ Lil' Luna ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Weekly Link Party @ Sew Woodsy ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man Crafty Woman ~ Share The Wealth Wednesday @ Laugh, Love & Craft ~ Hoo's Got Talent @ Night Owl Crafting ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ I Made This @ Grits & Giggles ~ Show Me Extraordinary @ The 36th Avenue ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ Creative Genius Link Party @ The Creative Paige ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Delicately Constructed Friday @ Delicate Construction ~ Project Party Weekend @ Bubbly Nature Creations ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~ Anything Goes Link Party @ Bacon Time ~ Weekend Wrap Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello ~ Free For All @ Young & Crafty ~ Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff ~ Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane Boutique ~ Show and Tell @ Be Different Act Normal ~ Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid ~ Think Pink Sunday @ Flamingo Toes ~ Sisters Sunday Link Party @ Sisters of the Wild West ~ Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I {Heart} Naptime ~ Sunday Show Off Link Party @ Twigg Studios ~



8 comments:

  1. Your bows look great, what a great way to put scrap paper to use :)
    Wish you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are really pretty, great job, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neato! I saw that pattern but haven't purchased it yet...might have to put it on my list. Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea Bethany, now I know I am going to take the plunge and purchase a silhouette! They'd look great on an indoor wreath of as accents on some wall art too! Thanks for sharing with us at Tip toe thru Tuesday!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over from Serenity Now. Those are adorable, Bethany! (Love your post title!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius! I am swimming ( drowning) in scraps so I need to try this ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know I featured this as part of my link party wrap up!

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...