Sunday, April 15, 2012

You Can Use Mason Jars For EVERYTHING!!!

I would like to take this opportunity to profess my love for mason jars. 

You can use them for everything. I've used them as vases, painted them to make luminaries, made soap dispensers out of them, used them to make redneck wine glasses and even just drank out of them a time for two. 

I have now found a new use for mason jars... or at least their shape. 



I used the shape to make save the dates for my wedding! 

 While surfing Pinterest for some ideas for wedding invitations, I found these adorable save the dates and followed the pin to an awesome Etsy shop called The Blue Envelope, which has all sorts of wedding invitations, save the dates and programs for sale. If you want the same thing, but would rather buy it, get it from them.


But since I'm cheap budgetly creative, plus I had a free mason jar shape in my collection of Silhouette shapes, I decided that I could make these myself. So I designed them with my Silhouette software, printed them out, cut them out and tied little bits of hemp twine around the top.







I'm thrilled with how they turned out. Even ABF thinks they look pretty cool!


Now all that's left is to address my envelopes and get them mailed out. One project down, so many left to go... wish me luck! 




I was featured!!!


A Diamond In The Stuff
Delicately Constructed
Twigg Studios


I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 


~ Make It Great Monday @ Etcetorize ~ Cure For The Common Monday @ Lines Across My Face ~ What's In The Gunny Sack @ The Gunny Sack ~ Craft and Tell @ Cherished Bliss ~ Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories From A to Z ~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Talent Tuesday @ Vintage Wanna Bee ~ Love It And Link It Up @ The Little Giggler ~ Tell Me Tuesday @ Me And My Boys ~ Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef In Training ~ Time To Shine @ A Diamond In The Stuff ~ Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Lil' Luna Link Party @ Lil' Luna ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Share The Wealth Wednesday @ Laugh, Love and Craft ~ Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman ~ Weekly Link Party @ Sew Woodsy ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ Party Time @ The 36th Avenue ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~ Anything Goes Link Party @ Bacon Time ~ T.G.I.F. Link Party @ Craft Junkie Too ~ Delicately Constructed Fridays @ Delicate Construction ~ Weekend Wrap-up Party @ Tatertots & Jello ~ Free For All @ Young and Crafty ~ Creative Genius Link Party @ The Creative Paige ~ Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different Act Normal ~ Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sisters' Stuff ~ Think Pink Sunday @ Flamingo Toes ~ Sunday Show Off Link Party @ Twigg Studios ~ Sister Sunday Link Party @ Sisters of the Wild West ~ Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I {Heart} Naptime ~ Sunday's Best @ My 1929 Charmer ~



20 comments:

  1. so cool!! and so original...how fun for you!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another follower here!
    Absolutely love this project, Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cool! I wish you well in your wedding planning - looks like you are off to a good start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Who doesn't love Mason jars?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable!! I would love for you to share this on "Pin It & Win It Wednesday @ www.cheapcraftymama.com!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable, LOVE the mason jar! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable Bethany!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These turned out so great! What a fun shape too so I better add that to my Silhouette library. It's going to be fun watching all of your wedding projects which will be genius I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute idea. Bythewayjenngray.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and clever! I just love all of the different ideas that really personalize a wedding! Can't wait to follow along and see all of your other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these look great i was thinking about doing this with the shape on silhouette too or maybe some gift tags. i would love for you to come and link up at my party at http://www.twiggstudios.com/2012/04/sunday-show-off-linky-party_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! These save the dates are just simply wonderful! Great job and congrats on your upcoming wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just found you through a Diamond in the Stuff and am now following. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! These are so darn adorable and I think they came out terrific. I just got a Silhoutte and am gonna see if I have this shape cause I plan to use it for other things as well. I love me a mason jar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute!! Congrats and good luck with all the wedding plans!! We are so happy to have you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very cute and love how clever you were to come up with this. Congrats on your engagement, and good luck on your wedding plans. Such a happy time, but also such a stressful one. Great project! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SOOOO cute! I love the blue and green colors too. I can't believe you made them - they look like you've got some serious graphic design expertise! : )

    -Mel the Crafty Scientist

    ReplyDelete
  17. Bethany,
    Whatr size envelopes did you end up using?

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fonts did you use if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...