Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Perfect Baby Blanket...

While surfing Pinterest awhile back for baby shower ideas, I can across this pin from the blog The Crafting Chicks for what they have dubbed the perfect baby blanket

Perfect? 

I had to give this one a try! 

 My cousin, Jessica, is having her first little one, a girl that she's naming Harper Rose! (Seriously, isn't that just the cutest name?! I love it!) 

Since I needed to do something for a baby shower gift, I went to Jo-Ann's and after calling in a second opinion (Thanks, Tiffany!), we picked out an adorable monkey princess flannel paired with a baby pink minky fabric.  







I don't know about perfect, but for my first attempt at sewing a baby blanket, it turned out pretty darn close! I kind of wish that I had the time to make a whole stack of these to stash away for whenever anyone I know is having a baby. I know I'll definitely be making more of these adorable blankets in the future. 




I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 


~ The Cure For The Common Monday @ Lines Across My Face ~ Make It Great Monday @ Etcetorize ~ What's In The Gunny Sack @ The Gunny Sack ~ Craft and Tell @ Cherished Bliss ~ Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories From A to Z ~ Talent Tuesday @ Vintage Wanna Bee ~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef In Training ~ Tip Toe Thru Tuesday @ Crayon Freckles and Tiara's & Bowties ~ Time To Shine @ A Diamond In The Stuff ~ Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Tell Me Tuesday @ Me And My Boys ~ Love It And Link It Up @ The Little Giggler ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Lil Luna Link Party @ Lil Luna ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Weekly Link Party @ Sew Woodsy ~ Share The Wealth Wednesday @ Laugh, Love & Craft ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ Party Time @ The 36th Avenue ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ T.G.I.F Link Party @ Craft Junkie Too ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Delicately Constructed Fridays @ Delicate Construction ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~ Anything Goes Link Party @ Bacon Time ~ Creative Genius Link Party @ The Creative Paige ~ Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello ~ Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane Boutique ~ Free For All @ Young & Crafty ~ Strut Your Stuff @ Six Sisters' Stuff ~ Show & Tell @ Be Different Act Normal ~ Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid ~ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ~ Sunday Show Off @ Twigg Studios ~ Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I {Heart} Naptime ~








9 comments:

  1. what a beautiful thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have to love snuggly baby things! You've done a great job. Right - I'm off to have a look at the link! :)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blanket!!! Looks so soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blanket is so cute! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-5.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's adorable! You are always so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should've know this was you! Your blanket looks so soft and cozy, I'm sure the baby {and mommy} will love it for years to come! Thanks for sharing at tip toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blanket is soooo cute!! Great job. We hope to see you back next week to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. I know I am a little late to the party, but this blanket came out great. Thanks for sharing Bethany.

    -A

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one cozy looking blanket, great job! This really looks professional. Swaddling blankets are so important when calming and securing your newborn, so the cozier the better!

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...