Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pretty As A Princess!!!

One of my favorite memories of my youngest niece, Kirra, is when my Mom brought her to my work when she was about a year and a half old. We took her into the children's department to look at clothes, and she found a pink Hello Kitty tutu skirt that she fell in LOVE with. However, it was a 4T which at the time was WAY too big. 

Since Kirra's third birthday was coming up, I thought it was about time that she finally had a pretty tutu! 



I cut a piece of elastic cording the same size as her waist (which I had previously measured), and sewed it together. 


Than I cut almost a yard each of pink, turquoise, lavender and white tulle into strips. I kinda guessed the length I wanted so that not all the strips turned out perfectly even. I also cut several lengths of the pink, purple, turquoise and lime green ribbon. 





I looped the elastic band around the lid of a bucket to pull it tight. Than I tied the strips of tulle and ribbon around the tutu and continued until I was finished. 







And what fairy princess-type skirt isn't complete without a fairy wand? 




Yeah, a little silly I know, but so stinkin' cute! 




Kirra LOVED it! Her Mom helped her put it on right after she opened it and she wore it the rest of the evening. Made this Auntie pretty happy!

me and Kirra


That last picture... my brother tried to take 3 pictures of me with Kirra in her tutu and this is the one that turned out the best. Seriously, that kid doesn't stop moving! 




I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 


~ The Cure For The Common Monday @ Lines Across My Face ~ Make It Great Monday @ Etcetorize ~ What's In The Gunny Sack @ The Gunny Sack ~ Craft and Tell @ Cherished Bliss ~ Tutorials & Tips Link Party @ Home Stories From A to Z ~ Talent Tuesday @ Vintage Wanna Bee ~ Take-A-Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee Crafts ~ Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef In Training ~ Tip Toe Thru Tuesday @ Crayon Freckles and Tiara's & Bowties ~ Time To Shine @ A Diamond In The Stuff ~ Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe ~ Show Me What Ya Got @ Not Just A Housewife ~ Tell Me Tuesday @ Me And My Boys ~ Love It And Link It Up @ The Little Giggler ~ Wow Me Wednesday @ Ginger Snap Crafts ~ Lil Luna Link Party @ Lil Luna ~ Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims ~ Weekly Link Party @ Sew Woodsy ~ Share The Wealth Wednesday @ Laugh, Love & Craft ~ Show & Share @ Southern Lovely ~ Wicked Awesome Wednesday @ Handy Man, Crafty Woman ~ Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage ~ Party Time @ The 36th Avenue ~ Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma ~ T.G.I.F Link Party @ Craft Junkie Too ~ BFF Open House Link Party @ The Answer Is Chocolate ~ Delicately Constructed Fridays @ Delicate Construction ~ Weekend Bloggy Reading @ Serenity Now ~ Anything Goes Link Party @ Bacon Time ~ Creative Genius Link Party @ The Creative Paige ~ Weekend Wrap-Up Party @ Tatertots & Jello ~ Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane Boutique ~ Free For All @ Young & Crafty ~ Strut Your Stuff @ Six Sisters' Stuff ~ Show & Tell @ Be Different Act Normal ~ Saturday Seven Party @ Positively Splendid ~ Think Pink Sundays @ Flamingo Toes ~ Sunday Show Off @ Twigg Studios ~ Sundae Scoop Link Party @ I {Heart} Naptime ~



10 comments:

  1. So cute...I've never seen such an adorable little princess...and the tutu is rather cute too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for linking this up to tip-toe thru tuesday! i never thought of using something aside from my knees to stretch the elastic. it looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! Looks like she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I love a good tutu! This reminds me of one I made for my daughter, I am going to have to go make her another one just for fun!Thanks for linking up to Delicately Constructed Friday!!
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I'm sure my daughters would love a tutu like this! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing how you made this darling tutu! I want to make one now for my 3 year old grand daughter...I'm sure she would love it just like your neice loved yours. I saw your post over at Serenity Now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the bestest auntie. Looks like this was definitely a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! She is pretty as a princess! We hope to see you back next week to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...