Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Finally Get To Participate in a Create With Me!!

Have you guys heard about the monthly Create With Me series over on the blog UCreate?   

Every month they chose a project that is pretty popular in blogland and set up a challenge to create that project during the month and at the end of the month they have a show and tell blog where everyone shows off their project. Such a neat idea!

For both March and April I tried to get my projects finished (technically I did the March one, but at the beginning of April), but I'm a pretty bad procrastinator and didn't get them finished in time. 

I was determined that I would get the May project done in time. 
And I did!!!

I made a picture frame jewelry holder!!!




Awesome, right? 

I found this adorable window picture frame on a venture to Craft Warehouse when they were having 40% off all their unfinished wood frames. I didn't even know what I was going to use it for, but knew that I had to have it. So I brought it home and it sat in no man's land AKA my sewing table, where ideas get lost (according to Amazing Boyfriend.) 


I painted it Sea Breeze blue, then used Staining Antiquing Medium with Warm White to create a whitewashed/aged look. Then stapled the mesh screen onto the back with my new staple gun. (Yay, for using new toys tools) I also decided to add some picture hanging hooks at the bottom under the little window ledge to hang necklaces from. I even unscrewed the two hanging hooks on the back and nailed in a new hanging thingy (great technical term, I know) so that I only had to use one nail to hang it.

Even Amazing Boyfriend had to admit that it looked pretty good, once I explained the look I was going for so he knew it was supposed to be sort of streaky. But he's usually all for projects that organize things so that they have a proper place.



I'm so excited with how it turned out!!!

I am not really excited about how the pictures turned out though. I have to hang this in such a weird spot. Since we live in the basement we have heater vents along the wall my sewing table is against. And we have a little door that goes to the crawl space underneath the house that's right next to my sewing table. And the best part is... nothing is LEVEL so all pictures and things hung on this wall look crooked when the heating vents are crooked.



Oh well, I guess life can't be perfect...

But at least now I have the perfect spot for my favorite jewelry pieces.


This project was featured:



I'm sharing this project at the following link parties:





















19 comments:

  1. such a great project! you did a lovely job.
    And photoshop or picnic are great for cropping and editing pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for visiting my blog and i am your newest follower. i love what you did with the
    jewelery holder, love the color too!!
    Ill have to check out that ucrate challenge sounds like fun..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your terminology makes sense to me. I also frequently use thingymajigg if an object/process/etc. doesn't have it's own proper term (or I can't think of it) or to add 'ish' at the end of any word if it's not quite what I'm saying it is. It works.

    I am completely jealous that your picture frame has a little ledge. I made something kind of similar last year but used a placemat to stick my jewelery in.. It fell apart in move numéro uno. Which means I have an excuse to make/fix it. H

    ow hard to staple the mesh screen? Is it actually staying?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute idea! Turned out adorable.

    http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/2011/05/craft-catwalk-31.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color! I just recently used a branch to organize my jewelry - would love if you'd check it out sometime!

    www.decoratingdiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful, love the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this window frame holder!! Love the color too!!

    Thanks for sharing. Found you from Lil' Luna

    Would love if you would join our 1st linky party at http://www.nothingbutcountry.com we want to feature favorites each week on tuesday and would love if you would participate too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome job! I followed you from HMCW. Love this idea, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color! Thanks for linking this up to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl...thanks for linking up this week. I've had a blast co-hosting. Love this project...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did wonderful...love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute - love that it has a shelf. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm a new follower of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is seriously so awesome! I love how you made it into a jewelry holder! And i adore the color too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute. Great color. I would love for you to come and link up this project to my Swing into Spring party. The link opens at 8pm EST tonight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is sooo cute! i really love the color! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the color! You should stop by my Share your Awesomeness link party tomorrow night and share your AWESOME idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Turned out great! I'm loving turquoise right now and this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...