Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Who Says Storage has to be Ugly?

  At my house we play a lot of board games. And since that we live basically in one very large room, we don't have a ton of storage space. I wanted to have a nice place to store our games when we weren't playing them, I decided I wanted storage boxes that fit under our futon couch. But since there is only seven inches of space, I was having a hard time finding a box that was big enough to fit our games, but short enough to fit under the futon. So what was my solution? 

To make my own storage boxes. 
 
Did you think that I wouldn't figure out some clever way to decorate these boxes? (If the answer to that last question was no then you really don't know me at all.) 

So I give you burlap covered storage boxes...




Awesome, right?


I used by handy dandy glue gun, Debra, to glue on the burlap, then lined the inside of the boxes with teal Duck Tape, which helps make the boxes more sturdy. 




I'm so happy that we now have a nice looking, but effective way of storing our games and other things away that isn't completely ugly. Or in Amazing Boyfriend's opinion : "They're just boxes covered in fabric and tape."


At least I can always count on him to tell it like it is.





1 comment:

  1. Love it...and would you believe I was looking for the exact same kind of storage, for our board games, but I wanted something to fit under the entertainment center! Gotta love the internet!!

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...