Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good Bye and Good Luck



Today I packed the last of my belongings into the EEP, left my keys on the counter and left Springfield behind. 

Honestly, the past couple days have felt so strange to me. It's weird to suddenly pick up everything, stop the life that you have built for yourself and move into a situation that's less than ideal. Not that I am not happy living in my new arrangement, but I'm not happy with they WHY of my new arrangement. 

Part of the unhappiness stems from stopping the life that I've built, the people that I have met and grown to love. 

It's amazing to me that in five years I've made so many connections in the Eugene/Springfield area that it actually hurts to let it all go. When I moved to Eugene, I knew two people, Matthew and Tim. But I met so many more so quickly that I soon felt at home. 

Eugene has a different vibe to it. It's much more laid back and casual. People are friendly and warm, although extremely opinionated. 

And right now I'm actually missing my Macy's girls, especially the Shoe Crew. Holly, Autumn, Sarita, Laura, Kayla, Christina and Brandi are some of the best co-workers a girl could ask for. They all have unique souls and I am blessed to know each of them, and appreciate them for the wonderful things that they've brought to my life. They have been my shoulders to cry on. They have heard me vent about life and stupid customers. They've given me some of the best hugs when I've needed them the most. They've told my hilarious stories about their kids, latest nights out and other interesting tidbits from their lives. They have been the perfect distractions when I've needed it the most. They have made my day on numerous occasions. I can't seem to say enough about them so I'll quit while I'm ahead. 

I can't forget to mention my other Macy's ladies, who also have made it a point to ask me about my day and let me know that they've been thinking about me. The lovely Lisa,  who has one of the most cheerful souls I've ever known. Marce, who became such a fast friend, and such a pleasure to know. Renee, who always wants to know how I've been doing, and checks my Facebook often (and makes amazing cupcakes!!) Laura and Shari, who always went out of their way to say hi. Amber, who has the most adorable son on the planet, who is going to also be leaving Macy's soon (and who I wish the best of luck to.) Mindy, who has been one of my biggest cheerleaders through life's recent events, and who always has a story that will make me giggle. Diana, who has dubbed Gracie and I trouble 1 & 2, and is such a lovely lady. Brandy S. who always made it a point to say hello to me. And I can't forget to mention Rachel, who is hands down the nicest, sweetest person on the planet. (I'm so not kidding, I've never met another person who is truly, genuinely as kind.)

There are many other Macy's ladies, who I probably forgot to mention, that are just as wonderful. The Eugene store was the first place that I've worked at where people were just as pleasant to their co-workers as they are to their customers. I'm going to miss everybody. 

I guess this is my way of saying good bye. And to return all the well wishes that I left the store with on Friday. I really do love you all. So good bye and good luck, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...