Sunday, July 10, 2011

Presentation is Everything...

I've seen so many different versions of pedestal plates that I'm not sure who to credit with the inspiration, but you all should know that I didn't come up with this project all on my own.  
 
Originally, I wanted to make this project to take to a bridal shower potluck to distract from the fact that I can't cook. (Great idea, right?) Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, the bridal shower was moved to the weekend after it was originally scheduled and I already had previous plans to participate at the Relay for Life so I was unable to attend. 
 
But of course, I already had bought all the supplies for this project before I knew about the bridal shower schedule change. 
 
So I made them anyway. 

So cute!


Wanna see how I did it? 


Supplies: 
cute plate
candlestick
E600
spray paint 


I started out by spray painting the candlesticks. For my candlesticks I painted them white using Krylon White Semi-Gloss. 




Before I glued my plates to my candlesticks, I sanded the bottom of the plates just a little so the adhesive would bond better. Make sure to clean the surface before applying the glue though. 




I applied the E6000 and glued the candlestick to the bottom of the plate. 







So easy!

I made one for me and one for my one of my best friend's Brandy, as part of her birthday present. Since Brandy also has a blog (that you guys can read here) where she often shares yummy recipes, this was a great idea since presentation is everything! 


4 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a fun, inexpensive way to make things look so much better Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love! They are so cute!!!
    Hope you had a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...