Thursday, July 28, 2011

Life Is Short... Buy The Shoes!!!

Before Amazing Boyfriend was diagnosed with cancer and we moved back to our hometown, I was a shoe salesperson for a large department store in Eugene, OR. When I tell most people about it, their first response is that they could never work in a commission sales area because the competition is too intense. I guess I was lucky because I worked with some amazing people that kept the drama down to a minimum (at least as minimal as you can get when you throw 7 girls together and expect them all to play nice.)

One of the awesome girls that I worked with the most is Holly Tree. (No, really, that is her real name.)  Holly and I had some awesome traditions, such as Margarita Fridays. We also had some great sayings. My favorite has to be: Life is short...buy the shoes. This saying has been the reason that Holly and I both have awesome shoe collections.

For Holly's birthday (and because I miss her so much), I wanted to make her a birthday present. What better then to make something with one of our favorite sayings on it!



Cute, right? 

I'm so pleased with how this pillow turned out, especially since it took me forever to get the stencil ironed on. I think Holly is going to love it! 



P.S. Happy Belated Birthday, Holly!!! Better late then never, right? 



I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 







 





















16 comments:

  1. Aweeee, that's so stinkin cute! She's def going to love it! Let me know when your coming down because I want to see you! Oh and holly is going on vacation! :) hehe. Love you! ♥ Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..what a sweet and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I just found your blog a couple of weeks ago and was drawn to you as you are in OR and that is where I grew up. I just saw in this post that you used to live in Eugene...that is were I grew up! I live in TX now and have for 10 years now and find myself getting very homesick for the NW. So hello from a fellow Oregonian!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only my husband would believe this statement as much as I do. I love the pillow-I think it turned out really well! I would love it if you linked this up to my weekly link party Tutorial Tuesday !

    Kari
    Newlyweds on a Budget

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bethany - I need to make this for my shoe loving sister, Nancy! Holly is one lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has the shoe fetish in my family. She'll flip for this! I pinned it so she can see it. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!! I love it!! What a cute and thoughtful gift. I bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Your friend should love it! Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillow is precious. I am sure your friend will love it! When you do something you do it big, your tat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been contemplating about buying shoes. Thankfully, I saw this post. It is like a sign for me. I'll buy the shoes!

    Love the pillow!

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pillow! That's really cute. And I love the saying. How thoughtful, Holly's going to love it!

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog - please stop by if you'd like! ShannonSews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shoes are my FAVORITE!!! love this pillow.
    We are having our first link party today! *Crafty Lassie Tuesday* We would it if you came over and joined us!
    Thanks!
    Heather & Rose
    www.SewStylishBoutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a labor of love! Thanks for linking up at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best. Quote. EVER! I agree whole-heartedly! :) I love the pillow- such a great gift! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Link Party every Saturday! We would love to have you come back tomorrow and link up some more amazing stuff! :)
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...