Monday, October 10, 2011

The Power Of Pink!!!

Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month? 

Of course you did, you probably already had your mammogram too! 
(If not, what are you waiting for?) 

I was going through link parties the other day when I found this wonderful post by Mandy aka The Project Queen. She made PINK PUMPKINS!!! 

So of course, I had to copy borrow such a genius idea! 

And I already had just the perfect person to give it to! 
 
I might have mentioned before that my Mom is a chemo nurse (which is like the rock stars of nursing...at least in my opinion). In August, one of her long time co-workers was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was shocking to everyone in her office, because when you spend all your time taking care of people that have cancer, you never suspect that you could have it, too. But this wonderful woman, is a true fighter and is handling her situation with such grace. When I saw Mandy's pink pumpkin I knew that I had to make one for her, because I want her to know that I'm sending good healing thoughts her way!

Mandy is urging everyone to paint some pink pumpkins this October because according to her, pink is the new orange!


3 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute pink pumpkin! My mom is a breast cancer survivor, so yes, I know that October is breast cancer awareness month! Thanks for sharing this with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkins should be naturally pink, doncha think? that is simply delightful and so much more fun than plain orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bethany,
    I have good news for you. You've been awarded The Versatile Blogger Award! I really enjoy your blog and you deserve it! You can find out more about it by going to: http://cropacabana.blogspot.com/2011/10/versatile-blogger.html

    Have a great Day!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...