Thursday, October 6, 2011

Witch Broom Parking Only - Violators Will Be Toad!!!

I found this sign idea last year that Lindsay from Diary of a Crafty Lady made. Then a few weeks ago, when I was walking through Michael's Halloween stuff and found the perfect broom and knew that I had to make this sign! 
 

Isn't it adorable! 

 I bought the piece of wood at Lowe's in their craft wood section and painted it with DecoArt's Dazzling Metallics paint in Bronze. Then I cut out the graphic on black vinyl with my Awesome Silhouette Machine and applied it. I covered the whole thing in a satin finish, since it's going to be hanging outside. 


The most exciting part, was that I got to use Amazing Boyfriend's new cordless power drill! He's never let me use it before, but he's been getting sick of how many times I have to ask him to do something with it for me, so he decided to teach me how to use it myself so I'll quit bugging him. So I put two screws in the back with a picture wire strung between to hang it, and the hooks in the front that hold the broom, I screwed on all by myself! 


Yeah, I feel super cool now!







I'm so happy with how the front of our house is looking! 


Just a few more touches and we'll be all set for Halloween!!!






Have you checked out my Monster Mash Bash Halloween Link Party yet?




Click on the button to join in the fun!



This project was featured!!!












I'm sharing this project at the following link parties: 






Halloween Imagination Station Link Party @ Design DNA 

























Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design




































10 comments:

  1. Wow.. I love it!! The broom is the key here. Great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is too cute! Love the little saying. What a great idea! And how cute is that little broom??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute!! One more project I'll have to try LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Toad! Thanks for sharing it at my Bewitching Craft link party over at http://igottacreate.blogspot.com! {and for sporting my monthly craft craze button} <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - great sign! And thanks for linking back! This was a really fun decoration to pull out again this year:)
    Hope you are having a great week!
    Lindsay
    craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable sign! I love it! Thanks for linking up!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute girl!! Impressive drill work!!
    Thanks for partying with us at Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking this up to my Wickedly Crafty Saturdays! You were featured! Poof on over & grab a "featured" button! Get ready to show me some more wickedly awesome stuff!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2011/10/wickedly-crafty-saturdays-102911.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bethany, good job on the sign. Thanks for sharing. I'm a little late, LOL I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

You have something nice to say? Write it here!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...